Saturday, August 11, 2012

Monster

As my son and I went for a walk the other day, he said, "There are monsters all over the place today."

"Monsters aren't real," I replied. (although there are human monsters)

"Yes, they are. We just passed one."

In my family, if people are seeing things, it may be time to be evaluated by a professional. I frantically think to myself, Shit, is he starting to display the symptoms of  schizophrenia?

"I don't see any monsters," I insist.

"There was one on our street, and we just walked past one."

"Where?" I ask, feeling a bit frantic. Is he really seeing monsters?

He walks over to the curb, points down at the road, and shows me a Monster drink can in the street.

"You are right. That is a monster." (I'm so embarrassed).




4 comments:

Healing said...

HA!!! Loved this. Kids can be soooo funny.

My youngest son had went to the dentist, and got a stick on mustache for a prize. I told him he could put it on when we got home. He sticks it on, puts a ball cap on, and then comes by and winks at me. I couldn't help but smile. Then he thought he did something proud because he got me to smile.

Ann Marie said...

Giving us the Giggles hehehe

Our best,
Anns

Unknown said...

That is just hilarious.

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!! I love it.

Love you Mom,

Rose