Saturday, March 10, 2012

Glitter

She sits in the wreckage of her dreams,
Hopelessly trying to fit the shards together,
But the pieces don’t fit anymore,
So she stuffs them in her pockets and her heart,
And continues on, forgetting, until the shards bleed to be known.

In fear, she struggles to cast them away.
They hurt, but the cast clings to her – owning her,
And she owning them.
She understands that where she was one,
Now she is one of many.
Not what she once was, or what she once could have been,
But what she is now.

And the pieces glitter where there is no light.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Read and reread many times.
Consumed by it's depth.........



hug,

**

Ethereal Highway said...

I generally despise poetry, including my own (most of which I have burned), but THIS... THIS is excellent and stunningly beautiful. And I never say that about poetry.